About the project
The Overlook Walk will create an elevated public park and connection between the waterfront to Seattle's urban core. People can walk on the elevated pathway from Pike Place Market to the waterfront without ever crossing the new Alaskan Way. Overlook Walk will have expansive views of Elliott Bay, informal play areas, new public plazas and landscaping.
Overlook Walk is at the center of improvements from Pier 62 up to Pike Place Market’s MarketFront, and east along to Seattle’s urban core, including Pike and Pine streets. Overlook Walk will also be integrated with Seattle Aquarium’s proposed Ocean Pavilion expansion.
- Public access to the waterfront with gradual slopes and a new elevator
- An elevated panorama of Elliott Bay, the Olympics & Mount Rainier
- Protected areas with food and beverage and seating
- Slides and other play elements for families
- Terraced landscaping with native plants