What to expect between Pike and Bell streets (in footprint of former viaduct):
- Work will pause on Thursday, November 26 for the holiday weekend and resume Monday, November 30.
- Daytime work 7 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday next week.
- Excavation and grading work for access roads continues.
- Lenora Street pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information.
Other area projects:
- Seattle Aquarium Ocean Pavilion Project: Early construction activities for the future Aquarium Ocean Pavilion begin as soon as December 1 between Pike and Pine streets. Expect lane closures on Alaskan Way and detours of the east side (blue) path during work hours. If you have any questions, contact the Aquarium at 206.693.6248 or visit their website.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle expanded its work area north of Pike Street in the footprint of the former viaduct to begin construction of the new Elliott Way. This road over the railroad tracks and carved into the hillside will be a key connection between Alaskan Way and Belltown. Activities include establishing the work zone, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, and removing asphalt and landscaping. View our construction flyer for details on work happening north of Pike Street.