What to expect between Pike and Bell streets (in footprint of former viaduct)
- Daytime work 7 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday.
- Weekend work this Saturday, July 11, from 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Soldier pile installation continues; work may be noisy at times.
- Excavation and grading work for access roads continues.
- Lenora Street pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction Moving North of Pike in December
As early as December 2, Waterfront Seattle will expand its work area north of Pike Street in the footprint of the former viaduct to begin construction of the new Elliott Way. This road over the railroad tracks and carved into the hillside will be a key connection between Alaskan Way and Belltown. Activities include establishing the work zone, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, and removing asphalt and landscaping. View our construction flyer for details on work happening north of Pike Street.
Pier 62 Rebuild
Construction to rebuild Pier 62 began in December 2017. Pier 62 construction is wrapping up in the coming weeks with only minimal finishing touches remaining. Visit the Pier 62 webpage to learn more about the project and what the completed pier will look like.
We'll share regular construction updates on this webpage and via our construction updates email newsletter. Subscribe to our weekly email updates to stay informed on what's happening on the waterfront.