Between Virginia and Pike streets:
- Daytime work typically 7 AM to midnight Monday through Friday.
- Work will pause for the holiday weekend and resume Monday, December 2.
- The timing of early morning saw-cutting work varies based on concrete curing times and typically occurs between 3 AM and 7 AM. It will occur Monday through Thursday this week and Tuesday through Saturday of next week.
- Alaskan Way will be reduced to 1 lane southbound and 2 lanes northbound this Wednesday and Monday through Friday of next week, weather permitting.
- West side path is closed until Pier 62 construction is complete.
- Construction material storage and staging on the east side of Alaskan Way between Pike and Pine streets.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction Moving North of Pike in December
As early as December 2, Waterfront Seattle will expand its work area north of Pike Street in the footprint of the former viaduct to begin construction of the new Elliott Way. This road over the railroad tracks and carved into the hillside will be a key connection between Alaskan Way and Belltown. Activities include establishing the work zone, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, and removing asphalt and landscaping. View our construction flyer for details on work happening north of Pike Street.
Pier 62 Rebuild
Construction to rebuild Pier 62 began in December 2017 and is anticipated to be complete by end of 2019. Visit the Pier 62 webpage to learn more about the project and what the completed pier will look like.
We'll share regular construction updates on this webpage and via our construction updates email newsletter. Subscribe to our weekly email updates to stay informed on what's happening on the waterfront.