What to expect between Pike and Bell streets:
- Daytime work 7 AM to 7 PM, Tuesday through Friday; follow posted signs and signals for safe access through construction zones.
- On the hillside between Pike and Pine, retaining wall pile installation continues through Wednesday, July 6. Drilling starting as early as Thursday, June 30 will continue next week. These activities may cause some noise and vibration.
- Lenora St pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information.
- Lane closure and pedestrian reroute on west side of Elliott Ave between Blanchard and Bell streets.
- Western Ave between Blanchard and Bell streets reduced to one lane and sidewalk closure on west side.
Other Area Projects:
- Seattle Aquarium Ocean Pavilion Project construction continues: Pike Place Market Garage access from Alaskan Way is closed, garage access on Western Ave maintained. Starting as early as Tuesday night, July 5, overnight lane closures reducing traffic to one (1) shared lane of alternating traffic with flaggers between 9 PM and 6 AM daily for approximately 2 weeks, excluding Fridays and Saturdays. If you have any questions, contact the Aquarium at 206.386.4345 or visit their website.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle expanded its work area north of Pike Street in the footprint of the former viaduct to begin construction of the new Elliott Way. This road over the railroad tracks and carved into the hillside will be a key connection between Alaskan Way and Belltown. Activities include establishing the work zone, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, and removing asphalt and landscaping. View our construction flyer for details on work happening north of Pike Street.