What to expect between Pike and Bell streets (in footprint of former viaduct):
- Daytime work 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, follow posted signs and signals for safe access through construction zones.
- Puget Sound Energy overnight work starting Monday, October 18. See other area projects below for more information.
- Early morning work 6 AM on bridge structure near Lenora St on Wednesday, October 20 for concrete pour.
- Use of drilling equipment, work may be noisy at times.
- Lane closure on Western Ave between Blanchard and Battery streets continue, parking restrictions in place.
- Sidewalk closure on west side of Western Ave between Blanchard and Bell streets.
- Lenora St pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information.
- Lane and sidewalk closure on Elliott Ave between Blanchard and Bell streets with parking restrictions in place through Friday, October 15.
- Blanchard St between Elliott and Western avenues permanently closed.
- Lane and sidewalk closure on Bell St between Western Ave and 1st Ave through Friday, October 15.
Other Area Projects:
- Seattle Aquarium Ocean Pavilion Project construction continues: Construction of the future Ocean Pavilion has resumed with duct bank installation at Pike St. Expect pedestrian reroutes at Pike St at Alaskan Way and two-lane closure on Alaskan Way between Pike and Pine streets from 9 AM to 3 PM. If you have any questions, contact the Aquarium at 206.386.4345 or visit their website.
- Puget Sound Energy (PSE) gas line installation: Work between Union and Pike streets continues with lane closures in place on Alaskan Way, work hours are 3 PM to 2 AM through Saturday morning, October 16. Daytime work on Saturday, October 16 between Pine and Blanchard streets. Overnight work will resume Monday, October 18 on the bridge structure between Pine and Blanchard streets. If you have any questions or concerns related to PSE’s work, please contact them at 888.404.8773.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle expanded its work area north of Pike Street in the footprint of the former viaduct to begin construction of the new Elliott Way. This road over the railroad tracks and carved into the hillside will be a key connection between Alaskan Way and Belltown. Activities include establishing the work zone, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, and removing asphalt and landscaping. View our construction flyer for details on work happening north of Pike Street.