Between Pike and Virginia streets:
- Daytime work typically 7 AM to 4 PM Monday through Saturday.
- Tidal work for under-pier utilities 4 AM to 12 PM Monday through Friday.
- Alaskan Way may be reduced to 1 lane southbound and 2 lanes northbound as needed on working days.
- West side path is closed until Pier 62 construction is complete.
What to expect between Pike and Bell streets (in footprint of former viaduct):
- Daytime work typically 7 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday.
- Landscaping removal and elevated walkway demolition of Lenora Street bridge continues.
- Excavation and grading work for access roads.
- Lenora Street pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction Moving North of Pike in December
As early as December 2, Waterfront Seattle will expand its work area north of Pike Street in the footprint of the former viaduct to begin construction of the new Elliott Way. This road over the railroad tracks and carved into the hillside will be a key connection between Alaskan Way and Belltown. Activities include establishing the work zone, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, and removing asphalt and landscaping. View our construction flyer for details on work happening north of Pike Street.
Pier 62 Rebuild
Construction to rebuild Pier 62 began in December 2017 and is anticipated to be complete by end of 2019. Visit the Pier 62 webpage to learn more about the project and what the completed pier will look like.
We'll share regular construction updates on this webpage and via our construction updates email newsletter. Subscribe to our weekly email updates to stay informed on what's happening on the waterfront.