What to expect between Pike and Bell streets:
- Daytime work, 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday; follow posted signs and signals for safe access through construction zones.
- Extended work hours continue, 6 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday on and over Alaskan and Elliott ways near Pine St.
- Early morning weekend work 6 AM to 4 PM, Saturday, December 9 near Pine St over Alaskan and Elliott ways.
- Weekend work 8 AM to 5 PM, Saturday, December 9 near Pine St.
- Intermittent waterproofing and painting on Overlook Walk continues through December, weather dependent. Those in the area can expect an odor during this work.
- Expect noise from concrete breaking for foundation removal on Overlook Walk Friday, December 8 and Monday, December 11.
- Alaskan and Elliott ways reduced to two lanes southbound and one lane northbound between University and Lenora streets.
- Alaskan Way closed at Pine St. New elevated and realigned connection anticipated to open spring 2024.
- Local access on Alaskan Way between Pine and Wall streets maintained from the north. Near Virginia St, a U-turn is in place to maintain northbound and southbound access.
Other Area Projects:
- Extenet private utility work continues on Alaskan and Elliott ways between University and Bell streets: Overnight work 10 PM to 5 AM, continues through Tuesday, December 19 on Alaskan and Elliott ways between University and Bell streets, on Lenora St between Elliott Way and Western Ave, on Western Ave near Bell St and at the intersection of Elliott Way and Elliott Ave. Work taking place one block at a time. Shifting lane closures and parking restrictions in place during work hours. If you have questions about this work, please contact the City’s Wireless Telecommunications Line at 206.727.8700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seattle Aquarium Ocean Pavilion Project construction continues: Work hours, 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday. If you have any questions, contact the Aquarium at 206.386.4345 or visit their website.
- Victor Steinbrueck Park Renovation project: The park is closed until fall 2023. See Seattle Parks and Recreation website for more details. For additional information, please email Shannon Glass at email@example.com or call Randy Crew at 425.628.4663.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle expanded its work area north of Pike Street in the footprint of the former viaduct to begin construction of the new Elliott Way. This road over the railroad tracks and carved into the hillside will be a key connection between Alaskan Way and Belltown. Activities include establishing the work zone, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, and removing asphalt and landscaping. View our construction flyer for details on work happening north of Pike Street.
Overlook Walk Construction
Construction of the Overlook Walk started in June 2022 within the existing work zone adjacent to the Pike Place Market’s MarketFront and west of the existing parking garage. This elevated, pedestrian-focused space is a unique element of the Waterfront Seattle Program as it creates a completely new east-west connection that links Pike Place Market to the waterfront, providing access without ever having to cross the new Alaskan Way travel lanes.
Pier 58 Construction
Construction of Pier 58 started in September 2022. The new pier will provide a space for people to gather, including a tree grove and elevated lawn, and a new playground.
Pier 63 Construction
Pier 63 removal began in September 2022. This project will continue improving nearshore habitat for salmon and other marine life.