What to expect between Pike and Bell streets (in footprint of former viaduct):
- Daytime work 7 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday, follow posted signs and signals for safe access through construction zones.
- Use of drilling equipment starting Monday, July 26; work may be noisy at times.
- Early morning 5 AM start next Friday, July 30 for concrete pour near Lenora St.
- Sidewalk closure on west side of Western Ave between Blanchard and Bell streets.
- Lenora Street pedestrian bridge and elevator closed until it is connected to the new Elliott Way. View our construction flyer for more information
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle expanded its work area north of Pike Street in the footprint of the former viaduct to begin construction of the new Elliott Way. This road over the railroad tracks and carved into the hillside will be a key connection between Alaskan Way and Belltown. Activities include establishing the work zone, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, and removing asphalt and landscaping. View our construction flyer for details on work happening north of Pike Street.