Between S King and Marion streets:
- Daytime work typically 7 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday.
- East-west intersections, sidewalks and crosswalks remain open except during the daytime at S Main Street and Alaskan Way Monday through Wednesday of next week.
- S Main Street at Alaskan Way will be closed and detoured to S Jackson next week, follow posted signs.
- Additional viaduct footing removal ahead of utility installation may be noisy at times.
- Access to businesses and residences remains open.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
New Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle will be building a new Alaskan Way in the footprint of the former viaduct. Starting as soon as the week of November 4, our initial work zones will span from S King to Marion streets. Activities include establishing work zones, mobilizing equipment, potholing work, breaking pavement and excavation for utility installation. Work is scheduled Monday through Friday, 7 AM to 5 PM with occasional overnight and weekend work. For more information, view the Alaskan Way Construction Flyer.
Improvements to the marine habitat south of Colman Dock began in October 2018 thanks to an agreement between Washington State Ferries and the City of Seattle to make these improvements on State-owned property. The plantings on the shoreline will restore the function of a natural shoreline and improve ecosystem productivity. We will need to patiently wait for a few years for the plants to grow and habitat to adapt to the natural environment before Habitat Beach is open to the public.