Between S King and Columbia streets:
- Daytime work 7 AM to 5 PM, Tuesday through Friday; follow posted signs and signals for safe access through construction zones.
- Lane closures on Alaskan Way S between S Dearborn and S King streets continue; see other area projects below for more information.
- Private development construction continues at S Jackson and S Washington streets; see other area projects below for more information.
Other Area Projects:
- Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT)’s South Access – Surface Street Connections Project is underway: Lane closures on Alaskan Way S between S Dearborn and S King streets continue. Left turns onto S King St and into Port of Seattle terminals is restricted; traffic is detoured to S Jackson St and 1st Ave S back to S King St. The northbound transit lane between S Dearborn and S King St is closed, buses will merge with traffic. In mid-July, northbound traffic will shift east, but the configuration will be similar with no left turn onto S King St and a closure of the transit lane. These closures, including both configurations, will last 90 days.
S Charles St is open to traffic in a temporary configuration providing a direct east-west connection between 1st Ave S and Occidental Ave S. S Charles St will be closed for 45 days in the summer. Visit the project website for details or contact the project at email@example.com.
- Construction of The Jack at S Jackson St between 1st Ave S and Alaskan Way S continues: Standard work hours 7 AM to 6 PM. Lane reductions and pedestrian detour on S Jackson St. Alaskan Way S sidewalk along east side is partially closed. If you have any questions, contact Michael Orme.
- Washington Park construction continues: Project includes substantial alteration of the existing 3-story building located at 68 S Washington St with a new 1-story penthouse addition. Parking lane and sidewalk on north side of S Washington St are closed. Parking lane along Alaskan Way S in front of building is restricted. If you have any questions, contact Dylan Currie.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle is building a new Alaskan Way in the footprint of the former viaduct. Our work zones will span from S King to Bell Streets. Activities include mobilizing equipment, potholing work, breaking pavement, sxcavation for utility installation, striping, paving, installing streetlights and signals and landscaping.