Between Railroad Way S and S Dearborn Street:
- Daytime work 7:30 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday.
- Lane closures on S Dearborn Street and 1st Avenue S 7 AM to 3 PM on working days.
- Duct bank installation continues.
Between S King and Columbia streets:
- Daytime work 7 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday.
- S Main Street closed at Alaskan Way; two-way traffic will be maintained for local access between Alaskan Way and 1st Avenue S via 1st Avenue S; follow posted signs and directions from flaggers for safe access.
- Periodic, single-lane closures on Yesler Way; two-way traffic will be maintained; follow posted signs and directions from flaggers for safe access.
- Access to businesses and residences remains open.
Other Area Projects:
- CenturyLink private utility evening work between Spring and Pike streets starting as early as Monday, July 13: Work hours are 3 PM to midnight Monday through Friday, with noisiest activities completed before 10 PM, and may require periodic closures of side streets. This work is anticipated to take 2-3 weeks to complete. If you have any questions contact Noah Rivera.
- Construction of the citizenM hotel at the northeast corner of Yesler and Alaskan ways is in progress: Visit Mortenson’s website for more information.
- Construction of The Jack at S Jackson Street between 1st Avenue and Alaskan Way on pause until further notice: If you have any questions contact Torrey Davis or Michael Orme.
- Work to build the Multimodal Terminal at Colman Dock continues: More information on Colman Dock construction can be found on the Washington State Department of Transportation’s website.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
New Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle will be building a new Alaskan Way in the footprint of the former viaduct. Starting as soon as the week of November 4, our initial work zones will span from S King to Marion streets. Activities include establishing work zones, mobilizing equipment, potholing work, breaking pavement and excavation for utility installation. Work is scheduled Monday through Friday, 7 AM to 5 PM with occasional overnight and weekend work. For more information, view the Alaskan Way Construction Flyer.