Between S King and Columbia streets:
- Daytime work 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Lane closure on the west side of S Jackson St, two-way traffic maintained; please follow posted signs and directions from flagger for safe access.
- New sidewalk on east side of Alaskan Way open with some areas remaining fenced off for continuing landscaping work.
Other Area Projects:
- Construction of The Jack at S Jackson St between 1st Ave and Alaskan Way is on pause until further notice: If you have any questions, contact Torrey Davis or Michael Orme.
- Construction of the citizenM hotel at the northeast corner of Yesler and Alaskan ways is in progress: Duct bank work on the north side of Yesler Way requiring parking restrictions between Post and Western avenues. Visit Mortenson’s website for more information.
- Work to build the Multimodal Terminal at Colman Dock continues: More information on Colman Dock construction can be found on the Washington State Department of Transportation’s website.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle is building a new Alaskan Way in the footprint of the former viaduct. Our work zones will span from S King to Pike Street. Activities include establishing work zones, mobilizing equipment, potholing work, breaking pavement and excavation for utility installation. For more information, view the Alaskan Way Construction Flyer.
Alaskan Way traffic will shift to the east, in the footprint of the former viaduct, onto the newly rebuilt roadway between S King and Columbia streets. This shift will take place on December 11th, 2020. For more information, view the flyer and FAQs. This traffic switch also includes a traffic revision coming to S Washington St, check out our S Washington St flyer for more information.
Traffic switch materials are also available in Chinese and Spanish.