Between S King and Columbia streets:
- Daytime work 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday; follow posted signs and signals for safe access through construction zones.
- Weekend work on Saturday, October 16, on the west side of 1st Ave S between S Washington St and Yesler Way, western lanes will be closed 8 AM to 4 PM, two-way traffic will be maintained. Work is weather dependent.
- Pedestrian realignment on west side multi-use path between S King St and Yesler Way.
- Lane closures and parking reduction on S Jackson St as part of construction of The Jack, see other area projects below for more information.
- Private construction at Washington Park building with impacts on S Washington St and Alaskan Way S sidewalk; see other area projects below for more information.
- Preparations for paving 1st Ave S between S Washington St and Yesler Way on Friday, October 15, with curb lane closure and parking restrictions in place.
- New sidewalk on east side of Alaskan Way open with some areas remaining fenced off for continuing landscaping work.
Other Area Projects:
- Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT)’s South Access – Surface Street Connections Project is underway: Expect paving work on the west side of 1st Ave S in the next two weeks. Construction on the new Charles St and the pedestrian plaza east of 1st Ave S is scheduled to begin later this fall. The work zone on the west side of 1st Ave S between S Dearborn St and S Royal Brougham Way will remain in place through late October. Later this month, crews are scheduled to shift the 1st Ave S work zone to the center of the street, with travel lanes on either side. 1st Ave S will be fully closed in both directions overnight for this work, during which time crews will also remove a sign bridge. Expect potential traffic flow adjustments as the work zone shifts. Visit the project website for details or contact the project at email@example.com.
- Construction of The Jack at S Jackson St between 1st Ave S and Alaskan Way S continues: Parking is restricted, and a lane closure is in place on S Jackson St, two-way traffic is maintained. A portion of the sidewalk on Alaskan Way S north of S Jackson St is closed, pedestrian access is maintained. If you have any questions, contact Michael Orme.
- Washington Park construction continues: Project includes substantial alteration of the existing 3-story building located at 68 S Washington St with a new one-story penthouse addition. Parking lane and sidewalk on north side of S Washington St will be closed. Parking lane along Alaskan Way S in front of building will be restricted. If you have any questions, contact Dylan Currie.
- Construction of the citizenM hotel at the northeast corner of Yesler and Alaskan ways is in progress: Visit Mortenson’s website for more information.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle is building a new Alaskan Way in the footprint of the former viaduct. Our work zones will span from S King to Pike Street. Activities include establishing work zones, mobilizing equipment, potholing work, breaking pavement and excavation for utility installation. For more information, view the Alaskan Way Construction Flyer.
Alaskan Way traffic will shift to the east, in the footprint of the former viaduct, onto the newly rebuilt roadway between S King and Columbia streets. This shift will take place on December 11th, 2020. For more information, view the flyer and FAQs. This traffic switch also includes a traffic revision coming to S Washington St, check out our S Washington St flyer for more information.
Traffic switch materials are also available in Chinese and Spanish.