Between S King and Columbia streets:
- Daytime work, 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday; follow posted signs and signals for safe access through construction zones.
- Weekend work 9 AM to 5 PM, Saturday, December 9 on Alaskan Way S between S King and S Jackson streets, weather dependent.
- Alaskan Way S reduced to two northbound lanes for vehicles and buses between S King and S Jackson streets through Friday, December 8 and temporarily Friday, December 15. Expect travel delays on northbound Alaskan Way S, south of S Jackson St.
- Parking restrictions in place on northbound Alaskan Way S between S King and S Jackson streets.
- Bus lane closed and parking restrictions in place on Alaskan Way S between S Main and S Washington streets, starting Monday, December 11. Ferry access maintained.
Other Area Projects:
- Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT)’s South Access – Surface Street Connections Project is underway: Occasional short-term, single-lane or sidewalk closures will occur throughout the fall to make space for work. Construction on the South Access project expected to wrap this fall. Visit the project website for details or contact the project at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Washington Park construction continues: Project includes substantial alteration of the existing 3-story building located at 68 S Washington St with a new 1-story penthouse addition. Parking lane and sidewalk on north side of S Washington St are closed. Parking lane along Alaskan Way S in front of building is restricted. If you have any questions, contact Dylan Currie.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle is building a new Alaskan Way in the footprint of the former viaduct. Our work zones will span from S King to Bell Streets. Activities include mobilizing equipment, potholing work, breaking pavement, sxcavation for utility installation, striping, paving, installing streetlights and signals and landscaping.