Between S King and Columbia streets:
- Daytime work 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday; follow posted signs and signals for safe access through construction zones.
- Wave broadband private utility work 7 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Thursday between S King St and Yesler Way with some traffic impacts, see Other Area Projects below for more information.
- Pedestrian realignment on west side multi-use path between S King St and Yesler Way.
- Lane closure on S Jackson St west of Alaskan Way S, two-way traffic maintained.
- Ferry traffic realignment between Pier 48 vehicle holding area and entrance to Colman Dock.
- New sidewalk on east side of Alaskan Way open with some areas remaining fenced off for continuing landscaping work.
Other Area Projects:
- Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT)’s South Access – Surface Street Connections Project begins this week: this work will take place on S Dearborn St and 1st Ave S near the stadiums; WSDOT will build a new pedestrian plaza on Railroad Way S. Standard work hours will be Monday through Friday, from 7 AM to 5 PM. An early major impact will be a full closure of S Dearborn St August 2 – 25. Visit their website for details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wave Broadband private utility work between S King St and Yesler Way: 7 AM to 4 PM Monday, July 26, through Thursday, July 29, on the east side of Alaskan Way S and on Yesler Way. Northbound lane closure on Alaskan Way S at Main St on Monday, July 26, and Tuesday, July 27. Westbound lane closure on Yesler Way on Wednesday, July 28.
- Construction of The Jack at S Jackson St between 1st Ave S and Alaskan Way S is on pause until further notice: If you have any questions, contact Torrey Davis or Michael Orme.
- Construction of the citizenM hotel at the northeast corner of Yesler and Alaskan ways is in progress: Visit Mortenson’s website for more information.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle is building a new Alaskan Way in the footprint of the former viaduct. Our work zones will span from S King to Pike Street. Activities include establishing work zones, mobilizing equipment, potholing work, breaking pavement and excavation for utility installation. For more information, view the Alaskan Way Construction Flyer.
Alaskan Way traffic will shift to the east, in the footprint of the former viaduct, onto the newly rebuilt roadway between S King and Columbia streets. This shift will take place on December 11th, 2020. For more information, view the flyer and FAQs. This traffic switch also includes a traffic revision coming to S Washington St, check out our S Washington St flyer for more information.
Traffic switch materials are also available in Chinese and Spanish.