Between S King and Columbia streets:
- Daytime work 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday; follow posted signs and signals for safe access through construction zones.
- Weekend work from 8 AM to 4 PM between Yesler Way and Columbia St on Saturday, May 8.
- 24-hour weekend work starting Friday, May 14 at 7 PM through Sunday, May 16 from Yesler Way to Columbia St.
- Lane closure on S Jackson St west of Alaskan Way S, two-way traffic maintained.
- Ferry traffic realignment between Pier 48 vehicle holding area and entrance to Colman Dock.
- Pedestrian realignment on west side multi-use path between S Jackson St and Yesler Way.
- New sidewalk on east side of Alaskan Way open with some areas remaining fenced off for continuing landscaping work.
Other Area Projects:
- Construction of The Jack at S Jackson St between 1st Ave S and Alaskan Way S is on pause until further notice: If you have any questions, contact Torrey Davis or Michael Orme.
- Construction of the citizenM hotel at the northeast corner of Yesler and Alaskan ways is in progress: Visit Mortenson’s website for more information.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
Waterfront Seattle is building a new Alaskan Way in the footprint of the former viaduct. Our work zones will span from S King to Pike Street. Activities include establishing work zones, mobilizing equipment, potholing work, breaking pavement and excavation for utility installation. For more information, view the Alaskan Way Construction Flyer.
Alaskan Way traffic will shift to the east, in the footprint of the former viaduct, onto the newly rebuilt roadway between S King and Columbia streets. This shift will take place on December 11th, 2020. For more information, view the flyer and FAQs. This traffic switch also includes a traffic revision coming to S Washington St, check out our S Washington St flyer for more information.
Traffic switch materials are also available in Chinese and Spanish.