Between Columbia and Pine streets:
- Daytime work 7 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Overnight work from 4 PM to 3 AM just north of University St from Monday night, March 8, to Saturday morning, March 13.
- Lane closure and pedestrian detour on Madison Street Friday, March 5; vehicle and pedestrian access will be maintained; follow posted signs and directions from flaggers for safe access.
- Lane closure and pedestrian detours on Marion, Spring and Seneca streets; vehicle and pedestrian access will be maintained; follow posted signs and directions from flaggers for safe access.
- Pedestrian detour between Pike Street Hillclimb and Alaskan Way, access maintained through the work zone through a delineated path located south of the Pike Street stairs; follow posted signs for safe access.
- Pike Place Market garage vehicle access from Alaskan Way closed for construction through spring 2021. Vehicle access to Pike Place Market Garage maintained at Western Ave; follow posted signs for safe access to garage. Pedestrian access from Alaskan Way will be maintained at all times.
- Sidewalk on the west side of Alaskan Way narrowed between Pike and Pine streets for repairs to the glass panels in the sidewalk.
- Daytime work 7 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Thursday.
- Use of a barge, crane and small boats.
- Pedestrian access adjacent to Pier 58 is open.
Other Area Projects:
- Seattle City Light installing underground utilities on north side of Marion St between Alaskan Way and Western Ave: Work expected to begin as early as Tuesday, January 19, work hours Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 3 PM but may be extended to 10 PM, with occasional weekend work from 7 AM to 6 PM. North sidewalk and single lane closure will be in place on Marion St; follow posted signs and directions from flaggers for safe access. If you have any questions, contact Mike Fernandes at email@example.com or visit seattle.gov/light/atwork.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction
The work zone on Alaskan Way has expanded to Pike Street. Similar to construction underway between S King and Marion streets, intersecting east/west streets will remain open and pedestrian access will be maintained. Businesses with mid-block vehicle driveways will be provided a route adjacent to the work zone. Initial activities include establishing work zones, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, surveying, delivering materials, and breaking pavement for excavation and utility installation. View our construction flyer for more detail on work expanding to Pike Street.
During active pier removal on Sept. 13, 2020, the northeast corner of Pier 58 collapsed. We were in the process of removing a concrete section of the pier to delay further pier movement and deterioration. The structure has ongoing monitoring systems for movement in place. We will continue removing Pier 58 as soon as it is safe to do so and will evaluate the best approach for the remainder of the work. We will continue to share information as the situation develops.
Pier 58 removal is expected to be completed by early 2021. The design of the pier rebuild is ongoing with construction scheduled to begin in 2022.