Between S King and Marion streets:
- Daytime work typically 7 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday.
- East-west intersections, sidewalks and crosswalks remain open except daytime lane restrictions at Main Street and Alaskan Way Monday through Wednesday of next week.
- Additional viaduct footing removal ahead of utility installation may be noisy at times.
On Columbia Street:
- Daytime work typically 7 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday
- East-west intersections, sidewalks and crosswalks remain open.
- Temporary parking in footprint of former viaduct will be removed starting next week.
- Initial activities include establishing work zones, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, surveying, delivering materials, and breaking pavement for excavation and utility installation.
- Access to businesses and residences remains open.
Between Pike and Virginia streets:
- Daytime work typically 7 AM to midnight Monday through Friday.
- Weekend work this Saturday, December 7, 7 AM to 3:30 PM.
- The timing of early morning saw-cutting work varies based on concrete curing times and typically occurs between 3 AM and 9 AM. It will occur through Saturday this week and Tuesday through Saturday of next week.
- Alaskan Way will be reduced to 1 lane southbound and 2 lanes northbound this Thursday and Friday and Monday through Friday of next week, weather permitting.
- West side path is closed until Pier 62 construction is complete.
- Construction material storage and staging on the east side of Alaskan Way between Pike and Pine streets.
PROJECTS IN THIS AREA
Alaskan Way Construction Expanding to Pike Street
Starting as early as December 9, the work zone on Alaskan Way will expand incrementally north to Pike Street. Similar to construction underway between S King and Marion streets, intersecting east/west streets will remain open and pedestrian access will be maintained. Businesses with mid-block vehicle driveways will be provided a route adjacent to the work zone. Initial activities include establishing work zones, mobilizing equipment, locating utilities, surveying, delivering materials, and breaking pavement for excavation and utility installation. View our construction flyer for more detail on work expanding to Pike Street.
We are transforming Columbia Street into a two-way corridor with transit lanes and improved sidewalks. Other activities include installation of new underground utilities. Work is expected to last approximately four months starting in August 2019. Work is expected to be completed in late 2019.
We'll share regular construction updates on this webpage and via our construction updates email newsletter. Subscribe to our weekly email updates to stay informed on what's happening on the waterfront.