Environmental process overview
In accordance with the Washington State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA), the City of Seattle has completed evaluation of the potential impacts to the natural and built environment that could result from the planned improvements to the waterfront.
As of 2019, the City of Seattle has released the Final Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) for Alaskan Way, the park promenade and bike path, the Overlook Walk and the Seawall. Other infrastructure improvement projects along the waterfront, such as the public piers, will undergo SEPA review in the future as design progresses. More information will be added to this page as environmental review for these projects begins.
To learn more about the environmental review process, read our Environmental Process 101 fact sheet.
Alaskan Way, Promenade + Overlook Walk
Environmental review of Alaskan Way, Promenade and Overlook Walk began with EIS scoping in 2013, continued with the release of the Draft EIS in 2015 and the Supplemental Draft EIS in 2016, and concluded in 2016 with the release of the Final EIS.
- Environmental schedule (PDF, 398 KB)
- Final EIS Executive Summary (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Full Final EIS (PDF, 24.9 MB)
- Supplemental Draft EIS Executive Summary (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Full Supplemental Draft EIS (PDF, 15.5 MB)
- Draft EIS Executive Summary (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- Full Draft EIS (PDF, 19.6 MB)
- Public meeting boards (PDF, 42 MB)
- Scoping summary (PDF, 9.8 MB)
Environmental review of Seawall began with EIS scoping in 2010, continued with the release of the Draft EIS in 2012, the Final EIS in 2013, the Draft Supplemental EIS in 2013, and concluded in 2014 with the release of the Final Supplemental EIS.
- Final SEIS in Focus (6.8 MB PDF)
- Final SEIS Executive Summary (1.3 MB PDF)
- Draft SEIS in Focus (6.1 MB PDF)
- Draft SEIS Executive Summary (7 MB PDF)
- Final EIS in Focus (8.6 MB PDF)
- Final EIS Executive Summary (2.8 MB PDF)
- DEIS Executive Summary (18.5 MB PDF)
- Scoping Summary Report (200 KB PDF)
- USACE Existing Conditions Report (18.82 MB PDF)