We’re building the new waterfront!
Waterfront Seattle construction is starting! Read below to learn more about construction currently underway. We will update this webpage regularly with updates about ongoing work, impacts, and detours as construction continues. The timeline for future Waterfront Seattle construction can be viewed on our construction schedule.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT CONSTRUCTION?
You can reach the Waterfront Seattle Program team at:
- The Waterfront Project hotline at 206-499-8040 (staffed from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, and during occasional weekend work)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting the waterfront
The waterfront and businesses are open throughout construction. See below for construction-related detours.
Pier 62 rebuild
Construction to rebuild Pier 62 begins as soon as December 4, 2017, and is anticipated to be complete in late 2019. Visit the Pier 62 rebuild webpage to learn more about the project and what the completed pier will look like.
We’ll share regular construction updates on this webpage and via our Pier 62 construction email newsletter.
Join our Pier 62 mailing list to receive regular updates about Pier 62 construction.
What to expect during construction:
- Work begins early December 2017 and is anticipated to be complete late 2019
- Typical work hours are 7 AM to 5 PM, with occasional weekend work
- Pedestrians will be detoured to the east side of Alaskan Way between Lenora and Pike streets
- The pier will be closed throughout construction to maintain a safe work zone
- Work includes upland road and utility work as well as in-water work on the pier
- During construction, you may experience periods of increased noise, dust and vibration, especially during pile driving operations
Central Transmission Line Relocation Project (TLR)
Work is underway as part of Phase 2 for the Central Transmission Line Relocation Project (TLR):
- Temporary closure of pedestrian path at Columbia St. Pedestrians will be routed to the sidewalk along Colman Dock. Please follow the direction of signage to access your destination.
- Work hours are from 7 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
- Works is anticipated to be complete in early 2018.
Later this fall
We are closely coordinating with other projects in the area to minimize impacts to Alaskan Way and nearby routes.
- Night work for Phase 2 of the Central Waterfront Transmission Line Relocation Project (TLR) is scheduled to begin in early December at S King St, to relocate an existing duct bank and install a drainage manhole.