Next week, the Seawall Project is scheduled to begin pouring concrete in the work zone south of Colman Dock. The concrete will sit on top of the jet grout columns and support the new seawall face and cantilevered sidewalk. Utility work is also scheduled to continue along the central waterfront next week.
Concrete pours to begin as utility work continues next week
Here’s a snapshot of construction activities occurring over the next week:
- Excavation, wooden forming work, and rebar installation in preparation for concrete pours south of Colman Dock.
- Utility installation work in the work zone south of Colman Dock.
- Seattle Department of Information Technology (DoIT) plans to raise communication lines along the waterfront in the early morning hours. Minimal impacts are expected as the crew moves from block to block between University and Columbia streets.
- Under pier utility work along the central waterfront.
- Utility investigations and relocation work will occur overnight next week and the following week under the viaduct on Alaskan Way at the intersections of Pike, Marion, Madison, and Columbia streets. Concrete sawcutting work will occur in the early morning hours as part of the utility activities.
What you can expect:
- Utility investigations and relocation work is scheduled to occur next week and the following week between 11 pm and 7 am. To complete the work, traffic detours will be in place to safely guide traffic around the work zones at the intersections of Pike, Marion, Madison, and Columbia streets. From 7 to 10 am each morning, additional concrete sawcutting work may occur at these locations, and flaggers will be present to guide traffic through the area.
- Utility work beneath the central waterfront piers will continue. This work will be conducted from a work platform and skiffs that are visible in the vicinity of Waterfront Park. The schedule and timing of this work is dictated by the tides and is subject to change based on water conditions.
For questions about Seawall construction, send us an email at email@example.com or call our 24-hour hotline at 206.618.8584.