The Central Waterfront Committee is made up of a wide range of volunteer community representatives and leaders, and has been created by a Seattle City Council resolution. They provide broad oversight of the project design, financing, public engagement, and long-term operations and maintenance.
The Central Waterfront Committee developed the following Guiding Principles to capture the key civic goals and objectives that should shape the creation of new public spaces on the Central Waterfront project. They expand on established principles from existing city policies, and civic efforts.
- Create a waterfront for all.
- Put the shoreline and innovative, sustainable design at the forefront.
- Reconnect the city to its waterfront.
- Embrace and celebrate Seattle’s past, present and future.
- Improve access and mobility (for people and goods).
- Create a bold vision that is adaptable over time.
- Develop consistent leadership–from concept to construction to operations.
Learn about each committee, the members and when the next meeting is by following the links below.
New! Strategic Plan
Prepared by Central Waterfront Committee
Central Waterfront Committee
Finance & Partnership Subcommittee
Long Term Stewardship Subcommittee
Design Oversight Subcommittee